[Hawkular-dev] Hawkular Metrics - Roadmap

Stefan Negrea snegrea at redhat.com
Wed Mar 16 12:58:29 EDT 2016

> > 7) ElasticSearch integration
> >    * An optional integration with Elastic Search for tasks beyond the
> >    capability of Cassandra.
> >    * Basic examples for this are whole tenant searches and aggregation of
> >    text based data, such as tags, events, and even availability.
> >

> I'm reluctant to introduce a new dependency for the use cases listed
> above. Has the new support for text based index in C* 3.x been explored?
> Why isn't it enough? Also, the container already comes with Infinispan
> which also has text index support.

This will be an optional integration like it is mentioned; I would not want to add a strong/required dependency to ElasticSearch. But it is too early to known the exact details since we did not even start working on it. Also, the roadmap is more or less ordered in terms of priority/importance and this the last item. By the time we get to this we will get a much better idea of the feature set and will definitely explore a few avenues to implement it.