[Hawkular-dev] Hawkular Metrics - Roadmap

John Sanda jsanda at redhat.com
Thu Mar 17 08:08:44 EDT 2016

I think that this is a viable option for someone who just wants to explore Hawkular Metrics. It frees the person from the burden of having to worry about installing Cassandra. I agree that ccm is the best tool for development, but it can be a pain to install. I have started looking into home brew packaging since many ManageIQ devs are on Mac OS X and because they asked for it. There is already a home brew package for ccm as well.

Here’s what I would like to do. Create a Hawkular Metrics package that depends on ccm. That distro of Hawkular Metrics can include endpoints for controlling/using ccm via the ccm bridge available with the DataStax driver. The first step though is a distro with embedded Cassandra so that people can more easily explore Hawkular Metrics with ManageIQ.