[Hawkular-dev] Collapsing of Repos ?

Lucas Ponce lponce at redhat.com
Thu May 5 08:50:26 EDT 2016

Personally I don't see the benefit of collapsing repos.

Also, I'm not sure if "collapsing" here means also "merging" in the sense that we move 2 or more components into 1, with only 1 new release of the joined component in the future.

I'm +1 to maintain repos by domain, perhaps joining helper repos in commons.

But I see more problematic if we join big repos like metrics, alerts or inventory into one. It is clear that they have their own lifecycle and merging can bring more issues than benefits.

Having said that, I don't see that having separate repo is a problem to make them work together.

For example, from my point of view, a join combination of alerts+metrics is just a packaging option which can be independent of if it is built from one repo or two.

Just my 2 cents.