[Hawkular-dev] accounts, tenants, the agent

John Sanda jsanda at redhat.com
Fri May 6 10:34:40 EDT 2016

H-Metrics is in the same situation as H-Alerts. The tenant id is really only used to partition data; however, it is not the only thing used to partition data. H-Metrics currently does not have any APIs for querying across multiple tenants. There is no technical restriction or limitation that prevents us from doing so. More fine-grained tenants won’t make querying in H-Metrics any less efficient because we are querying across multiple partitions either way. We always do those queries in parallel. More fine-grained tenants would have some implications though on how we design background jobs like computing rollups.