[Hawkular-dev] Definition the concept of Application in Hawkular BTM

Gary Brown gbrown at redhat.com
Fri May 13 03:50:35 EDT 2016

----- Original Message -----
> On 13.05.2016 08:41, Michael Burman wrote:
> > So couldn't we just have tree of transaction-ids and not a definition of
> > "service/application" ? It would scale to any depth.
>
> Adding Stefan's tagging feature on top of this, there could be a nice
> feature of grouping transactions by affinity based on tags. So,
> service/application is something that could be defined by a tag or a
> collection of tags.

A business transaction is something that spans across multiple services/applications/resources and provides the context for a particular use of these shared components. There is the ability to 'tag' fragments captured (associated with a business txn or not) so this type of grouping is possible now.

Regards
Gary