[Hawkular-dev] Hawkular Inventory 0.16.0.Final Released

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Tue May 24 05:09:50 EDT 2016

On 24 May 2016, at 10:55, Lukas Krejci wrote:

> I'm happy to announce the release of Hawkular Inventory 0.16.0.Final.

Congrats

> In 0.17.0.Final we will introduce a new REST API and will deprecate the
> current one (most probably by moving it to /hawkular/inventory/deprecated).

This way you break all existing clients !

You may either move the new api to a new prefix
Or use content negotiation where the new api gets a content of e.g.
application/hawkular-inventory+json;v2
A request without that content type gets the old endpoints and
semantics.
A request with that content type in the request will access the
new endpoints (which may be separate or overlay the old ones)
with potentially new data formats.

This way clients can upgrade as they want