[Hawkular-dev] SSL by default

Stefan Negrea snegrea at redhat.com
Thu May 26 10:31:10 EDT 2016

Hello,

I like Jiri's idea. Why not deliver the distribution without a certificate
but add documentation and tooling (scripts or code) to easily install a
certificate from letsencrypt.org? It's the cleanest solution since it will
avoid bundling a self-signed certificate. The main issue I have with
self-signed certificates is that users will most likely not change it,
which is a bigger issue than using unsecured connections.

Thank you,
Stefan Negrea

Software Engineer