[Hawkular-dev] JDG and Hawkular

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Thu Nov 10 05:51:06 EST 2016

On 10 Nov 2016, at 9:44, Thomas Heute wrote:

> So do we need to fix the agent or the agent configuration to not spit
> that
> error message ? Or do we need to add the http socket for some reason ?

I think this line should be removed from the agent config

         <resource-config-dmr name="Bound Address"
                              path="/socket-binding-group=standard-sockets/socket-binding=http"
                              attribute="bound-address" />

so the the agent does not try to look for it.

BUT it may prevent us reporting the primary IP (can't recall if that is
needed though) - Mazz?

> What do we lose from ManageIQ pov ?

For EAPs we show the bind-address in the details view - that may get
lost this way

> Thomas
>
> On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 7:05 PM, Josejulio Martinez Magana <
> jmartine at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> You are right, an http socket is not defined on the standalone.xml.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 11:59 AM, John Mazzitelli <mazz at redhat.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> They must not define an http socket binding in the JDG app server's
>>> config (look in its standalone.xml and see). If it is true that they
>>> simply
>>> don't define that, its not a problem, the agent just doesn't collect
>>> data
>>> for it (I believe this is resource configuration property - it will