[Hawkular-dev] Get rid of Travis?

Michael Burman miburman at redhat.com
Tue Oct 11 03:52:24 EDT 2016

Hi,

I'm proposing we get rid of the Travis for now (at least for metrics)
and stick to something else, such as the old Jenkins. At the moment, it
can take several runs for metrics PRs to finish, since Cassandra stops
responding in the Travis runs every time. Yesterday I started my PR 4
times, last week one PR for 10 times.

22:28:24,629 ERROR [com.datastax.driver.core.ControlConnection]
(cluster1-reconnection-1) [Control connection] Cannot connect to any
host, scheduling retry in 600000 milliseconds

Sometimes it doesn't even get this far and fails with running the
installation script of Cassandra. These errors have made the Travis runs
completely irrelevant, whenever they fail it just makes sense to restart
them without reading logs (we should get automatic script to restart
always when it fails) until they succeed. No errors reported by Travis
are trustworthy.

We need a working CI solution and this isn't it. There's no "community
visibility" if the results have no meaning, using Jenkins at least
provides us with "failed / not failed", Travis doesn't provide even this.

   -  Micke