[Hawkular-dev] gohawk - need Go code to write to H-Metrics

Michael Burman miburman at redhat.com
Mon Oct 17 02:56:47 EDT 2016

Hi,

I'm not sure why I write documentation ;)

" Writing datapoints" section says:

err  :=  c.Write([]MetricHeader{header})

So just use c.Write(yourMetricHeaderArray). If you initialized with
correct settings (from the "Initialization " part) with
NewHawkularClient(), you don't need to do anything else. SSL settings
are provided by giving &tls.Config to it (standard way in Golang to set
TLS settings).

Unit test with TLS:

https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-client-go/blob/master/metrics/client_test.go#L267

And almost every unit test uses Write in client_test.go. Remember
there's internal pooling in the Golang client, so if you need
concurrency, don't be afraid to spawn goroutines and let the client take
care of the concurrency limits to the server (adjustable with Parameters
in initialization).

   - Micke