[Hawkular-dev] open shift agent - what to call it?

Thomas Heute theute at redhat.com
Wed Oct 19 03:20:54 EDT 2016

Personally I would vote for:
   - Renaming the existing "Hawkular Agent" to "Hawkular WildFly Agent" and
reduce its scope to the embedded WF scenario (+ remote for domains). Small
in scope == easier to maintain, document, understand...
   - Name this one "Hawkular Kubernetes Agent", or "Hawkular OpenShift
Agent" if it really depends on OpenShift (but I'm not sure why), because
the discovery is a key feature and I guess (will) use Kubernetes API.

I can understand this could be extended to other usecases that don't
involve WildFly or Kubernetes, but I'm afraid that we just make things more
complex/harder to understand while those 2 targets are key.

PS: I don't think we need yet another cryptic name as GoHawk / Hawkulark
(and in theory requires legal implication)

Thomas