[Hawkular-dev] open shift agent - what to call it?

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Wed Oct 19 09:32:01 EDT 2016

On 19 Oct 2016, at 15:19, Matt Wringe wrote:
>> I wasn't keen on relying on "kubernetes" as part of the name since
>> its really
>> targeting Open Shift and even then doesn't have to run in Open Shift
>> (back
>> to the ideas Heiko has for this thing).
>
> I am not sure if I like the idea of one agent handling multiple
> scenarios, I think it makes sense to keep them as separate agents.

My thinking went along the lines, that it should be possible to
test it and/or the interaction with the monitored resource without
the need for a full (mini)kube/shift.

As you say, we can also have a "library" for interaction with
hawkular and the monitored resource and then build multiple
apps on top that talk to k8s or OS or just run on a 'normal'
command line