[Hawkular-dev] hawkular metrics go client - need assistance for a couple issues

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Sun Oct 30 08:22:58 EDT 2016

> 1. The old behavior should work, as we promised so in the
> HWKMETRICS-385. If it does not, then there's a bug in the
> Hawkular-Metrics, not in the client. We can change this method signature
> in new versions, but that old API must work (and the tests against
> HWKMETRICS work also, so I couldn't replicate your bug yet)

OK. I noticed the tests in client worked for both. I couldn't understand why. Now I know :) Didn't know about that JIRA.

I'll try to replicate my problem and see what's going on - I was definitely getting an error code from H-Metrics until I ran with my PR code.

> 2. There's no proper fix for this Golang bug. There's only workarounds
> and the one you suggested is the one that's used in almost every Golang
> application that can have whitespace in the URLs. Golang's net/url
> package is just .. crap and can't follow many standards.

That is --- unfortunate. I'd implement my stupid fix but, what happens if there is a literal "+" in the string? Bah... "just don't use spaces in tag names" seems extreme though.