[Hawkular-dev] Availability metrics: aggregate stats series

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Thu Sep 15 08:29:42 EDT 2016

----- Original Message -----
> According the Stephen we need to find another word than "aggregate" for the
> REST path, as it will be used for something else (and BTW, what is it for?
> Is there really no connection with multiple series aggregation?)
>
> See https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-metrics/pull/597#r78810036
>
> So Jay proposed " /set" or "/group" earlier. I'm not very good at finding
> words but it's important especially for a REST API. If someone has a good
> idea please tell :)
> I would also propose "/merged" or "/merge" (not sure about the "d")

Plenty of words we can choose from that would make sense here:

/combine
/merge
/fuse
/conjoin
/collate
/synthesize
/collapse
/coalesce
/blend
/meld
/composite

Just look up the words "merge" or "combine" (or other words in the list above) in a thesaurus :)

But I think one of the ones in the list above could work, some better than others.