[Hawkular-dev] Cassandra Cluster with docker.

Ruben Vargas Palma rvargasp at redhat.com
Wed Sep 28 23:05:51 EDT 2016

I was testing a little bit with Hawkular-Services + Cassandra cluster
using docker containers, I created a GitHub repository with my setup:

https://github.com/rubenvp8510/hwk-cassandra-docker

It seems to work fine, at least on my environment, I did some different
tests but I couldn't test more than 3 nodes on my machine, but hopefully
it will work for N nodes.

Some issues I found:

   - Sometimes hawkular throws a timeout exception "Cassandra timeout
during read query at consistency LOCAL_ONE", I only managed to reproduce
it 2 times.

   - This setup is not enough robust because the Keyspace has replica
factor of 1, so if one node dies hawkular-services started complain
about it.

Regards