[Hawkular-dev] wildfly agent: jmx/jolokia and prometheus support

Thomas Heute theute at redhat.com
Fri Sep 30 09:53:55 EDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 3:41 PM, Jay Shaughnessy <jshaughn at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Would it be feasible to remove the jolokia/prometheus libs to thin the
> artifact, and just leave the code?   And then to use those *unsupported*
> endpoints add in some documented libs?   A fork is possible but if it
> withers and gets out of date it will just be baggage.

The fork would just be to resurrect the code if we want to.

> Another thought is to fork a version that only does jolokia and
> prometheus, and then that swarm agent would be really light.

That could be a reason to resurrect the code but at the moment we want to
make an attempt to build a GoLang agent for Prometheus(and Jolokia?)
endpoints instead (in particular for Docker/Kubernetes/OpenShift).

Now if someone is really depending on our Java agent reading from
Prometheus, that could be a solution worth maintaining.

Thomas