[Hawkular-dev] deploying HOSA without git cloning repo

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Wed Apr 5 11:50:46 EDT 2017

<tl;dr>
If you want to deploy HOSA, you need only this one command:
   wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hawkular/hawkular-openshift-agent/master/hack/deploy-openshift-agent.sh && sh ./deploy-openshift-agent.sh
</tl;dr>

I had a few people ask how to deploy the Hawkular OpenShift Agent, but when I tried to explain it, it seemed harder than it should be :)

For one, I don't want to ask people to git clone the source repo because you don't really need to (the docker image is on docker hub so you don't have to build anything). You really just need the commands the Makefile performs and you need a couple yaml files for the openshift templates. But even that gets too confusing ("download these two files, run these commands you see in the Makefile").

So I wrote a small script that does it for you. So if you want to deploy HOSA, just grab this script and run it. Should take care of everything:

https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-openshift-agent/blob/master/hack/deploy-openshift-agent.sh

The comments at the top provide additional details.

You can use wget to pull that file from github and then you can run it. So this command should be all you need to deploy an agent: