[Hawkular-dev] deploying HOSA without git cloning repo

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Wed Apr 5 16:34:15 EDT 2017

> > I had a few people ask how to deploy the Hawkular OpenShift Agent, but when
> > I tried to explain it, it seemed harder than it should be :)
>
> Official Docs:
> https://docs.openshift.org/latest/install_config/cluster_metrics.html#deploying-hawkular-openshift-agent
>
> As handy as it is to use a bash script to deploy things, we don't in the docs
> for people who are not running on linux.

Yeah. I just created this hack/ script to make it easy for most people. At least good enough to get linux users up and running fairly painlessly and quickly.

BTW: I just noticed that those OpenShift docs are incorrect - its pointing to the wrong github links to wget. It says:

===
$ wget https://github.com/openshift/origin-metrics/blob/master/hawkular-agent/hawkular-openshift-agent-configmap.yaml
$ wget https://github.com/openshift/origin-metrics/blob/master/hawkular-agent/hawkular-openshift-agent.yaml
===

But when you wget those, you are getting the actual HTML page for those files. We want to tell the user to get the raw files, whose links are:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/openshift/origin-metrics/master/hawkular-agent/hawkular-openshift-agent-configmap.yaml
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/openshift/origin-metrics/master/hawkular-agent/hawkular-openshift-agent.yaml