[Hawkular-dev] OpenShift - An error occurred getting metrics.

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Tue Apr 11 17:28:49 EDT 2017

(you are going to get this reply about 2 to 3 hours after i send it because the mailing list seems to delay my posts - I'm sending this a few minutes after I saw your post though :)

If that message is showing up even after, say, 5 minutes, then it sounds like Origin Metrics is failing to start.

If you look at your "oc cluster up --metrics" output, see what kind of messages you get regarding starting the metrics component.

If you look in your openshift-infra project, you should see the metrics pod - any errors indicated there? In the events tab or logs tab or something like that?

Not sure why metrics wouldn't start, but I do know that I have a old machine where it takes a long time for the metrics stuff to start up fully (it has to not only download the image from docker hub the first time, but starting the metrics components can take a while on my slow machine).