[Hawkular-dev] OpenShift OAuth authentication and authorization for Hawkular APM

Juraci Paixão Kröhling jpkroehling at redhat.com
Thu Apr 27 11:57:47 EDT 2017

Lars,

Indeed, the security mechanism for APM is very simple at the moment: it
uses JAAS, which is concretely implemented by the file-based auth from
Wildfly. The idea was that Red Hat SSO / Keycloak could be used in a
production setup, as the Wildfly Adapter is also implementing JAAS. In
fact, Keycloak *was* used in a previous iteration of the project.

At this point, however, we are focused on collaborating with Jaeger:
http://www.hawkular.org/blog/2017/04/19/hawkular-apm-jaeger.html

Even though we have not started discussing yet how we'll manage security
in Jaeger, I chatted with some colleagues from the Keycloak team last
week to see whether or not the usage of Keycloak Proxy as a sidecar
would make sense in an OpenShift deployment. There's no conclusion yet,
but it's something to be tested :)

At this moment, we have other priorities for Jaeger and the Keycloak
team is also busy with other tasks, but if this is a topic you'd be
interested in contributing, I'd be more than happy to share what I have
in mind.

- Juca.