[Hawkular-dev] openshift - using cluster up but building from source

Matt Wringe mwringe at redhat.com
Tue Feb 21 14:28:34 EST 2017

Also, just a note that deploying metrics via the deployer pod is deprecated after OpenShift 3.4

The current way to deploy metrics to OpenShift is it use Ansible.

The docs for how to use this should be available here https://docs.openshift.org/latest/install_config/cluster_metrics.html but it looks like the docs have not been updated yet (the PR has been merged: https://github.com/openshift/openshift-docs/pull/3529)

For the time being the deployer still needs to stay around for backwards compatibility reasons and to support 'oc cluster up', but you should be moving away from this for development purposes.