[Hawkular-dev] more openshift issues

Juraci Paixão Kröhling jpkroehling at redhat.com
Wed Feb 22 04:37:30 EST 2017

On 02/21/2017 11:25 PM, John Mazzitelli wrote:
> If I start openshift with "sudo ./openshift start" and then try to log in like this:
>
>    oc login -u system:admin
>
> What would cause this:
>
>    Authentication required for https://192.168.1.15:8443 (openshift)
>    Username: system:admin
>    Password:
>    error: username system:admin is invalid for basic auth
>
> When I start with "oc cluster up" I do not get asked for a password and it "just works"

It seems I forgot to mention that. You need to use a "kubeconfig",
created during the first boot. Most of the `oc` commands accept a config
as parameter, but the easiest is to export a KUBECONFIG pointing to the
admin file.

I have this on my ~/.bashrc :

export
KUBECONFIG="/home/jpkroehling/go/src/github.com/openshift/origin/_output/local/bin/linux/amd64/openshift.local.config/master/admin.kubeconfig"

- Juca.