[Hawkular-dev] Proposing closer integration of APM and "Hawkular metrics" on Kubernetes / OpenShift

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Mon Feb 27 10:53:50 EST 2017

I clicked 'send' a bit too quickly :)

On 27 Feb 2017, at 12:02, Heiko W.Rupp wrote:

> I am proposing that we integrate the two over the UI - in the first
> scenario
> here the key driver is the APM UI with its trace diagrams (red boxes).

Of course the other way of the integration should be possible
as well. If for a pod we know it hosts a service that is traced
with Hawkular APM, it should be possible to get (to) the APM-view.

For the 1st scenario I quickly looked at Grafana, but it looks like
one can only deep-link to a dashboard (or perhaps panel in a
dashboard), but not by giving the name of an individual metric to
graph. One could dynamically set up a dashboard on the fly though,
which could even be interesting to see all the 'classic metrics' of
an APM trace in one Grafana dashboard.