[Hawkular-dev] Proposing closer integration of APM and "Hawkular metrics" on Kubernetes / OpenShift

John Sanda jsanda at redhat.com
Tue Feb 28 09:35:46 EST 2017

> On Feb 28, 2017, at 3:24 AM, Gary Brown <gbrown at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Agree - the most important aspect of the proposal is the ability for a user to navigate between the two types of information in the UI.
>
> Having a common collection mechanism may simplify the infrastructure, but in this respect the greater benefit would be convergence on Cassandra at the backend - which is something we (APM team) will be investigating.

I had spent some time not too long ago trying to get familiar enough with the APM code base so that I could propose and hopefully do a small PoC with a Cassandra backend. I did not make  much progress and got busy with other tasks, but I do think it is very doable. I would love to help out to the extent that I can. Please keep me in the loop as efforts on this start to progress.