[Hawkular-dev] Hawkular drill down on calls

Gary Brown gbrown at redhat.com
Wed Jan 25 03:21:32 EST 2017

Hi Kavin

Currently the only way to drill down into an instance is via the 'Distributed Tracing' tab. This will initially show the aggregated view of dependencies between service endpoints - you can then apply filters (including time span, properties, etc). Then at the top of the page you will see a button indicating the number of trace instances that were aggregated - pressing this button will show a table of those instances with more individual details (durations, properties) - you can then select them individually to see a trace instance.

This trace instance diagram will show the details of each node/span in the distributed call trace.

We are always looking at ways to improve the UI and how to access the information, so feel free to make suggestions or create a jira.

Regards
Gary