[Hawkular-dev] hawkular.org - Redux Initiative

Joel Takvorian jtakvori at redhat.com
Tue Jul 4 03:41:33 EDT 2017

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 9:22 AM, Heiko Rupp <hrupp at redhat.com> wrote:

> I think though that the removal of Hawkular Services is wrong.
> It may indeed at the moment only exist for that one consumer,
> which is ManageIQ, but not listing it is in my opinion also
> confusing. Instead of removing it, we should perhaps better
> educate visitors of the web site (in a graphical way?) how this
> relates to the other projects.

I'm sure we have stats on what people downloads the most... is it
metrics/alerts standalone, or services? We could take it in consideration.
Having it removed from the menu really makes things clearer, I think, but
on the other hand we could find ways not to make it completely off the
radars. For instance, adding something at the top of metrics/alerts install
page: "Looking for integrated metrics + alerting? Check out Hawkular
Services".

Another thing about services disappearing: the shame is that IMO it
currently has a better-written doc than metrics (the quickstart guide is
good, the installation guide is better than metric's simple link to github).