[Hawkular-dev] auto testing client integrations with hawkular apm

Neil Okamoto neil.okamoto+hawkular at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 12:31:36 EST 2017

I'm in the process of developing a clojure library that wraps the
opentracing-java client (the abstract interface), and provides concrete
implementations for Hawkular APM and Zipkin.

I'm considering ways to test the concrete Hawkular implementation in
Travis. One thought is to configure Travis to launch a hawkular dev server
(from the docker image) and then execute a series of test cases to collect
traces, and finally use the REST API to read back what hawkular received.

The problem being, I haven't found the documentation for the query
parameters you pass to "GET /traces/fragments/search".

https://hawkular.gitbooks.io/hawkular-apm-user-guide/
content/restapi/#GET__traces_fragments_search

Any pointers how to do this? How does the hawkular development team run
integration tests?