[Hawkular-dev] agent running as a VM javaagent - non-EAP based solution

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Thu Mar 9 05:13:50 EST 2017

On 8 Mar 2017, at 18:08, John Mazzitelli wrote:

> In addition, if your JVM is installed in OpenShift, you can get the
> nice option of putting the javaagent's YAML config in a config map and
> mount it so your javaagent can access it.

> I still need to see how well this supports the disabling/enabling of
> metrics on the fly from the websocket commands (e.g. I will need to
> add the ability to change the YAML config to persist the settings,
> that is not done yet - the EAP-based agent got this support for free -
> its config changes go into standalone.xml).

This needs to differentiate openshift/non-openshift, so the
immutable+in-container flags would still be in action.

I think in OpenShift you could listen on the edit config map
event like Hosa does and then trigger a config reload.
There is https://github.com/fabric8io/kubernetes-client
that should already have the necessary functionality.