[Hawkular-dev] Generic Hawkular-UI in MiQ

Josejulio Martinez Magana jmartine at redhat.com
Thu May 25 23:58:46 EDT 2017

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 7:01 AM, Jay Shaughnessy <jshaughn at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Do we really need to drive off an agent or server-side config?  Perhaps
> the UI config could be local to the UI, reflecting the resource types it
> needs to handle and the necessary meta-data.  Yes, it's disconnected from
> the RTs defined on the clients, but in reality those are pretty consistent
> for the types we render in the UI.  We could potentially contain some
> mapping rules to help handle special-cases.

+1
I think we should consider this option. The agent provides general
information about the server and we don't want to render every detail about
it. I guess we will end "customizing" a lot of the agent-driven-ui to have
it "right".

We could use the RT or product name from each server and use a mapping (or
hierarchy?) to decide how to render it.