[Hawkular-dev] Application Performance Metrics within minishift

Juraci Paixão Kröhling jpkroehling at redhat.com
Mon May 29 10:31:49 EDT 2017

Abdel,

I'm not familiar with that example, but it looks like it expects you to
provide the source for the image stream (ie, your own Spring Boot
application).

Could you confirm that you are able to see Hawkular APM deployed into
OpenShift?

There's also an example that you could use as reference for Hawkular
APM, located here:
https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-apm/tree/master/examples/vertx-opentracing

I use this example quite often, and I know it's in a working state (at
least the "ansible-playbook" option). If you have troubles running it,
let me know.

The second component you mentioned is about Hawkular Metrics, not
Hawkular APM. Simplifying a bit, Hawkular APM is the tool to capture
"traces", whereas Metrics provides ways to collect "data points".

Note however, that Hawkular APM has joined the Jaeger project, so, it
would be a good idea to use it instead:
http://www.hawkular.org/blog/2017/04/19/hawkular-apm-jaeger.html

- Juca.