[Hawkular-dev] Openshift/k8s templates, tagged images vs IfNotPresent

Pavol Loffay ploffay at redhat.com
Wed May 31 04:04:22 EDT 2017

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 8:19 PM, Matt Wringe <mwringe at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]
Thanks for the response. We haven't thought about backports, just not yet.
I like setting the version as a template parameter it's a nice approach +1.

I maybe did not ask very specificly. My question shoud be: Would you use
not tagged images in public templates e.g.
https://github.com/jaegertracing/jaeger-openshift/pull/8#issuecomment-304826256?
We should guarantee that our templates work properly and that is only by
using tagged versions. If we don't use tag and IfNotPresent andministrator
has to do more steps to get a proper version or update.

I can see that you always suggesting using tagged images, which is the same
I think.

Regards,

> > --
> >

> > PAVOL LOFFAY