[Hawkular-dev] OpenShift Deployment

Julie Stickler jstickle at redhat.com
Mon Nov 27 16:17:24 EST 2017

I seem to remember at some point in a meeting recently John Doyle saying
that we had a large number of JON customers with small implementations and
a few customers with really large JON implementations.  So I'm wondering,
would it make sense to have more than one option since once size probably
won't fit all?

Smaller implementation (monitoring handful of servers) - ALL-IN-ONE
POD - Hawkular
Services and Prometheus are in their own containers, but they are both
deployed within the same pod.  For ease of use and upgrade for customers
with a smaller monitoring footprint.

Large implementation (monitoring thousands of servers) - SEPARATE PODS
-  Hawkular
Services and Prometheus have their own separate pods.  To allow larger
customers to scale up the n:m ratio between Hawkular Services and
Prometheus to meet their needs, and upgrade the components separately as
needed.

JULIE STICKLER

TECHNICAL WRITER

Red Hat