[Hawkular-dev] h-services / travis / jenkins/torii

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Tue Oct 17 17:07:09 EDT 2017

I updated H-Services to push out the docker image to Docker hub. I need someone to review/merge:

https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-services/pull/200

You'll see the docker image up on docker hub here:

https://hub.docker.com/r/hawkular/hawkular-services/tags/

How it works is if someone merges a PR into master branch then docker-dist mvn module will be built with the maven goal of docker:build and the resulting image will be pushed to docker hub with docker tag of "latest". Right now the branch hawkular-1259 is special - travis will also push the docker image when we merge into that branch (with a docker tag of hawkular-1259). Once we get back onto master, I will take out that special stuff so we only release "latest" image from master.

What I need is: whoever (Juca?) has the magic keys to jenkins on that internal RH machine, turn off the pushing of the image to docker hub. This way we have all the code that does it out in the open on github not in some internal private machine.

I don't know if we still care about keeping that internal Jenkins integration job running that does the releases. If I knew exactly what it does, I could try to get travis to do that too (I have a feeling it will be more involved than the docker hub thing, so maybe we keep it). However, right now, that Jenkins job is always failing so I have no idea what good it is doing for us right now anyway (it's always failing on the hawkular-1259 branch).