[Hawkular-dev] logging in java agents is not trivial in WildFly / EAP

James Perkins jperkins at redhat.com
Fri Sep 29 12:05:33 EDT 2017

Unfortunately there's just nothing that can be done about that. The log
manager has to be set before any logger is initialized. Since it's an agent
the log manager needs to be set on the boot class path. This isn't an issue
with WildFly/EAP it's just the way JUL works. Any container using a
different log manager other than JUL would have this issue.

Side note. It's better now to use -Xbootclasspath/a: as the /p option was
removed in Java 9, but /a was not.

James R. Perkins
JBoss by Red Hat