[hibernate-announce] New to Hibernate

Thomas Walland office at walland.net
Wed Nov 15 13:31:27 EST 2006

Hi,

I am new to hibernate and I wanted to try out this way of java
persistence.

I downloaded hibernate 3 and the hibernate annotation libraries.

I made a little project in which i want to select * from a database.
When I realize this in "the old-way" with hibernate mapping files, it
workes fine.

But when I applay the Version with Java-Annotations, I always get an
error message, which says, that my bean is not mapped or something in
this way. If I comment out the line with the query, everthing works
fine. So the set up seems to be ok. But the query doesn't work.

Here is my Annotated class:

----
package hibernate;

import javax.persistence.*;
import java.io.Serializable;

@Entity()
@Table (name="testtable")
public class ExampleDAO implements Serializable {

    @Basic
    @Id
    public int id;

    @Basic
    public String name;

    public int getId() {
        return id;
    }

    public void setId(int id) {
        this.id = id;
    }

    public String getName() {
        return name;
    }

    public void setName(String name) {
        this.name = name;
    }
}

---

and here is the query-code:

AnnotationConfiguration cfg = new AnnotationConfiguration();
cfg.configure( "../../etc/conf/hibernate.cfg.xml" );
SessionFactory sf = cfg.buildSessionFactory();
Session s = sf.openSession();
Transaction tx = s.beginTransaction();
Query q = s.createQuery( "from ExampleDAO" ); << Expection
tx.commit();
s.close();
--

I hope i expressed my problem clearly.