[hibernate-dev] New build structure

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at jboss.com
Thu Aug 17 06:42:45 EDT 2006

Hi guys,

Couple of things to document/talk about what dependencies hibernateext and
the eclipse plugins have on a hibernate distribution and on hibernate3 src
it self.

hibernateext/eclipse plugins just use hibernate distribution for the
following things:
1) being able to run ant (ant-launcher.jar etc.)
2) the shared libs  (including hsqldb.jar which are in different locations
depending wether it is dist or src)
3) hibernate3.jar
4) javadoc/jdstyle.css

It uses the hibernate3 src for:
5) docbook DTD references
("../../../../../Hibernate3/doc/reference/support/docbook-dtd/docbookx.dtd"
is to be found in all the docs)
6) docbook sources to build the eclipse hibernate help file.

I've made the prepare-up-dir so it now includes #4 and everything (that I
know of) that depends seem to work fine with the prepare-up-dir.

#5 would be great to fix so all the shared doc (dtd's AND build.xml) would
be the same.

#6 I could actually see being made part of the hibernate3 core build (it
is just basically applying a set of xsl files on the docbook to get a .zip)

The best thing of course would be to make these dependencies more
explicit....

btw. hibernate-client.jar only contains bytecode.javassist  should it not
also contain bytecode.cglib in case the user is running with cglib?

Max Rydahl Andersen
callto://max.rydahl.andersen

Hibernate
max at hibernate.org