[hibernate-dev] Connection proxying

Christian Bauer christian.bauer at jboss.com
Wed Aug 30 15:55:24 EDT 2006

On Aug 30, 2006, at 9:39 PM, Steve Ebersole wrote:

> The question was simply whether exposing the
> Work/command APIs justify removal of the connection() method from the
> perspective of using it for direct JDBC work.  I do not know that
> answer
> to that.  Unfortunately, I suspect it does not and that we will
> need to
> keep connection() around; but one can dream.

I'd keep connection() around and not deprecate it, no matter what
better solutions we find for the various use cases. We can hide it in
the API documentation and like we do now, document the problems. It's
just too useful to deprecate it. Also remember the public riots when
JDO 1.0 didn't have an easy way to get a JDBC connection.