[hibernate-dev] More fun with merging : non-updatable fields

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at jboss.com
Wed Sep 27 16:13:51 EDT 2006

Yes, Josh - consider especially the situation Christian explained that if
you merge Xy onto a session you expect the returning object is Xy and not
Xx.

If you want this behavior (which in some cases I can see the usefullness
of) you need to have
a custom merge implementation as you already have.

/max