[hibernate-dev] sybase

Aleksandar Kostadinov akostadinov at jboss.org
Thu Jan 25 11:01:27 EST 2007

Steve Ebersole wrote:
> That or we could get these DB instances externally accessible rather
> than needing VPN + tunneling + black-voodoo-magic ;)

Only VPN. Inside the VPN (currently JBoss, soon the Red Hat one) you can
directly access hosts in the QA lab on any port. No magic (only a great
luck ;)

> Well, I'd need to know the test that locks up the DB (and the results
> are not pushing to the CC site).  The strange part is that neither of
> these tests is even testing concurrent access; they (should) deal with a
> single connection at a time.  Is locking in Sybase so good that a
> connection can block itself ;)

hmmm... I can't imagine why. I see many connections, one of them in a
state "lock wait". Killing one by one and testsuite continues at some point.

I think it would be best to run the testsuite by yourself. If you need
any information about QA lab access, where to find jdbc drivers etc. you
may contact me.