[hibernate-dev] HSearch ideas

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Sat Jun 2 11:21:30 EDT 2007

On 2 juin 07, at 08:25, Hardy Ferentschik wrote:
> - Indexing process
> What about exposing lucene indexing paramters like mergeFactor,
> maxMergeDocs and minMergeDocs? You could allow the
> user to add these parameters to the hibernate configuration file
> and then pick them up within the Workspace/SearchFactory class?

+1 it was just a matter of prioritization
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HSEARCH-67

> - Filter
> Now that HSearch allows to pass down a Sort object to the Lucene
> Searcher, wouldn't it make sense to also allow Filter instances to
> be used, eg DateFilter and QueryFilter? Similar to sorting you
> could just add a setter for the Filter instance to FullTextQuery.

+1 prioritization as well
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HSEARCH-15
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HSEARCH-58
About HSEARCH-58, we should have some static filter definition that
could be cached to benefit the filter cache transparently, I love
that feature.

> - Daemon timer for FSMasterDirectoryProvider and
> FSSlaveDirectoryProvider
> I reviewed the current implemention of these two classes, because I
> had problems shutting down Tomcat when using HSearch in a Master/
> Slave configuration. Since the Timer instances in these classes are
> not started as daemons the timer threads seem to hang around when
> attempting a shutdown. However, as far as I can see it should be
> save to make them daemon timers without changing the implementation.

Ok cool
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HSEARCH-68

> - Keyword substitution
> I noticed that almost all classes start with '//$Id: $', but none
> of them had the svn:keywords property set. Shouldn't keyword
> substitution be turned on?

I don't know how to do that ;-) If someone can explain me, I'll do it :)