[hibernate-dev] hsearch-6 serializable Hits object

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Mon Jun 11 12:05:45 EDT 2007

How do you deal with serialized Hits?
You raise a "LazyInitializationException" like when a user access an
unavailable document?
Same for the serializable HitIterator?

Which approach are you following to expose the data? christian's
proposal?
In christian's proposal, what is really needed for serialization is
Hit, but then Hit is not thing but a Document and a score wich can be
projected as well.

I don't see the need for a lazy Hit in this scheme, hence no need for
a serializable version.

BTW who is consuming Hit(s) aside for the user's application? does
Lucene has (public) APIs consuming Hits?

Emmanuel