[hibernate-dev] hibernate testsuite on DB2

Aleksandar Kostadinov akostadi at redhat.com
Fri Mar 23 15:11:06 EDT 2007

Hi

As you know DB2 7.2 and 8.2 we will test with the DB2 type 4 v9 jdbc
driver. With this I don't get the unsupported DDM parameter error on
query (DB2 7.2). Haven't done a full run on DB2 8.2 with the ver8 driver
but seems to be like with the v9 driver.

I've run the testsuite on both 8.2 and 7.2 versions and get similar
results. Many tests are failing on both versions. And few lock forever.

Steve Ebersole resolved some sybase issues. I hope he will manage to
find some time to resolve DB2 locking issues. We need the testsuite at
least to be able to complete as this is blocking platform testing.

Thanks for your help, Steve!

Below is a list of hanging testcases:

org.hibernate.test.exception.SQLExceptionConversionTest -7.2 and 8.2
org.hibernate.test.instrument.runtime.CGLIBInstrumentationTest - only 8.2
org.hibernate.test.instrument.runtime.JavassistInstrumentationTest -
only 8.2
org.hibernate.test.jpa.lock.JPALockTest -7.2 and 8.2
org.hibernate.test.tm.CMTTest -7.2 and 8.2
junit.instrument.cglib:org.hibernate.test.instrument.buildtime.InstrumentTest
- only 8.2
junit.instrument.javassist:org.hibernate.test.instrument.buildtime.InstrumentTest
- only 8.2
org.hibernate.test.legacy.FooBarTest -7.2 only once from two runs (not
sure about that)
org.hibernate.test.typeparameters.TypeParameterTest - only 7.2