[hibernate-dev] ResultCheckStyle.PARAM does not work with PostgreSQL

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Wed Nov 28 15:06:05 EST 2007

On Wednesday 28 November 2007 10:35:31 am Julius Stroffek wrote:
> Sorry, I sent this mail only to Max, so resending it to the list.
> Please, review the patch. Thanks.
>
> Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
> > patches should go to the jira.
>
> Thanks Max, I have created an issue *HHH-2962
> <http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-2962> *in
> jira and I have attached a patch. Should I somehow mark that there is a
> patch pending for review?
You should create the issue with the type "Patch" ;)

> > what do you mean by backport ?
>
> I meant porting to 3.2 branch. Usually, patches are applied against head
> by default in projects I am familiar with. I am not quite sure how
> things work for hibernate.
Theoretically patches should be against head where we would apply them and
then decide whether it makes sense to apply them to active dev branches (i.e.
3.2); "back port" would generally mean to apply to non-active dev branches
(i.e. 3.1).  Practically we generally know when a patch makes sense to be
applied to trunk and 3.2 and do that at the same time.

--
Steve Ebersole

Hibernate Project Lead
http://hibernate.org