[hibernate-dev] HSEARCH-114

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Fri Oct 26 02:25:42 EDT 2007

John Griffin wrote:
> For the ResultTransformer, do you just want the user to pass a class as
> the sole argument to indicate what they want as a result?
>
> Ex. setResultTransformer(Class clazz) where clazz is  Map.class or
> Object.class

This was what I wanted in the beginning when I updated the
resulttransformers for H3 but it was rejected, or rather this was rejected:

query.setResultClass(clazz);

which would mean the same as

query.setResultTransformer(Transformers.aliasToBean(clazz));

It was back then decided that we shouldn't have too many "duplicate"
methods on Query and hence the format chosen was:

query.setResultTransformer(customerTransforer or
Transformers.XYZ/aliasToBean)

/max