[hibernate-dev] Old vs. New Query Translators?

James Carman james at carmanconsulting.com
Wed Sep 5 15:14:55 EDT 2007

For new functionality (such as HHH-16), do we need to make sure it
works the "old" way?  I added a test case to HqlTest:

public void testExplicitJoinOnUnrelatedClasses() {
  // HHH-16: Explicit joins on unrelated classes
  assertTranslation("from Human h join Pet p on p.name = h.name");
}

The assertTranslation() method runs the query through both the old and
the new QueryTranslator implementations.  The AST-based query
translator works for me now that I've altered the ANTLR grammar, but
the old one doesn't work (for obvious reasons).  In order to get this
stuff working, we need to fix both the old and the new ones?

James