[hibernate-dev] H.Search: EventListenerRegister

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 07:48:13 EDT 2008

2008/8/25 Hardy Ferentschik <hibernate at ferentschik.de>:
> On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 19:25:35 +0200, Sanne Grinovero
> <sanne.grinovero at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Hardy,
>> thanks for your attention, I'll attach my current version (absolutely
>> untested) just to give the idea.
>> If you look at the current trunk the last listener handling
>> (PostCollectionUpdateEventListener)
>> is not consistent with the others; I thought it was "suspect",
>> but forgot to mention it in my previous post.
>
> Your code seems to be a step into the right direction and a good exaple for
> the use of generics. Personally, I would use explicit if statements insead
> of the ?: operator, but that's a matter of taste.
>
> --Hardy

yes I agree, I'll simplify the ?: operator away; this was just an
intermediate step for cleanup.
Still I'm needing your opinion about

A) the latest method "isPresentInListeners";
especially because the current code isn't checking
all listeners the same way, I suppose because you merged the now deprecated
FullTextIndexCollectionEventListener with the FullTextIndexEventListener.
I'd use isAssignableFrom, but there's a comment there explicitly telling me
not to do.

B) I'm writing a trivial test, is there any special configuration to test for?