[hibernate-dev] Migration to Hibernate Core 3.3

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Thu May 1 19:38:02 EDT 2008

I have been working in the past two days to make the build system, and
the projects compatible with the migration to Core 3.3:
  - Hibernate Commons Annotations
  - Hibernate Annotations
  - Hibernate Validator
  - Hibernate Search
  - Hibernate EntityManager

Sorry I forgot Hibernate Shards, but I will look at it after JavaOne

I did:
  - remove the dependency to the hibernate core build structure (both
the documentation and the build system)
  - moved almost all dependencies to ivy
  - added a pom for each project
  - added a 'ant deploy' task that deploys artifacts to a local maven
repo

Still on the todo list before a release:
  - migrate to slf4j instead of commons-logging for all projects
  - make use of the new enhanced id generators if it makes sense

It means the developments of trunk are all based on Core 3.3 (trunk)

I would appreciate feedback on the build, the POMs and the rest. Let
me know if there are any issues.