[hibernate-dev] Migration to Hibernate Core 3.3

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Fri May 2 14:21:09 EDT 2008

On Fri, 02 May 2008 15:23:49 +0200, Emmanuel Bernard
<emmanuel at hibernate.org> wrote:

> latest means you local version in the build terminology I set up
>
> so you need to checkout commons-annotations / annotations /
> entitymanager and run ant jar on them. The jar will be taken from ../
> [name]/target/latest/hibernate-[name].jar

Hmm, wouldn't it be nicer if the default build would work out of the box?
I guess for you it makes sense to depend on the 'latest' versions in your
local repo since you are working across these projects/modules, but for
people how are just interested into eg Hibernate Search it would be great
to be able to just check out this project and be able to build it. Maybe
this also would lower the barrier to get people involved?

--Hardy