[hibernate-dev] Search and Shard topic "up"

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Sun May 11 12:08:42 EDT 2008

Hi all,
I've verified a scaring design problem I found in the forum, it
appears that Search and Shards can't be used together:
http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?t=986285

The problem is that Search needs to cast the session to an
EventSource, but when using Shards the provided
session is "org.hibernate.shards.session.ShardedSessionImpl", which
does not implement org.hibernate.event.EventSource;
also it doesn't look like trivial to add the missing methods.

Any thought about it? Should I open a JIRA: in which category, Search or Shards?
IMHO I think the Search shouldn't do this casting, so it would be a
Search design problem,
but it's difficult to keep the code decoupled.