[hibernate-dev] No successful builds since move to Maven

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Fri May 16 12:51:27 EDT 2008

Thanks for all the tips,
Still I'm unable to build the Hibernate Search project, even using  a
clean checkout and
a fresh maven 2.0.9 repository; using JDK 1.5.0_15-b04.
I'm on Linux (LFS), and have installed the software mentioned by Steve Ebersole.

I don't really need Hibernate Core (although it was really useful to
have all projects configured
and linked in eclipse as dependencies), but I need to build it as the
latest Search trunk depends
on latest Core tag; I want to avoid the "please send me a built jar" approach.

I am collecting some of the problems I found:

1)To create an eclipse project for Core, I had to disable the
m2eclipse maven plugin, manually select all source
directories, download all jar dependencies and force source level to 1.5.

2)Annotations
Even when producing the Core distfiles using maven from command line,
not all dependent projects
find it in the repository, I had to re-register the jar using:
mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.hibernate
-DartifactId=hibernate -Dversion=3.3.0.CR1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=
I don't really understood the problem, is it possible that different
projects give a different name to it?

3) EntityManager
After having registered annotations, I find out that building
entitymanager produces an empty jar
registered in my maven repository; no errors, just no compiled classes
in the jar.

Even when skipping or manually resolving the other issues, to build
Search there is a
dependency on lucene 2.3.1 but the URL appears to be wrong;
I don't know how it finds the url, but he is downloading
http://repository.jboss.com/maven2/org/apache/lucene/lucene-core/2.3.1/lucene-core-2.3.1.pom
(the signature) instead of
http://repository.jboss.com/maven2/org/apache/lucene/lucene-core/2.3.1/lucene-core-2.3.1.pom.xml
And the same problem for "lucene-parent".

Also before 3.3.0CR1 I could link the projects together instead of making
jars, so it was easy to navigate the source to make experiments and could skip
all building activities until test phases.

I know you are all quite busy, I can help myself (slowly) but my main
concern is to understand if these problems are
A) known, due the fact nobody completed the migration to maven.
B) You all tested only on IDEA
C) my environment is completely broken

regarding option C, I deleted my workspace and all maven repository,
fresh checkout and repeated all tests.. no luck.

regards,
Sanne